31.8.09

repeat patterns

Have been polishing up my repeat pattern skills over the last few weeks. Having done placement printing for so long now and the time consuming task of drying each print and washing out each screen before the next layer, the repeat printing has been a nice change.
These two samples were printed very quickly as a small test run and I also blocked areas on the screen to print a second colour.
Besides the obvious printing errors and the lack of ink in the grey sample, I am pretty happy with how they are coming along.



Playing with scale, I have also printed some smaller repeats with the same pattern to translate into cute clutches. It's always exciting when you finally see your patterns in context.







4 comments:

  1. Love it. You should sell your fabric someday -- as ltd edition -- or make bags, etc. I love this bag...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love how the print looks in that cute little bag. Again, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm so pleased to have found your blog! Was just admiring your new ceramic work on Flickr, very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete