20.5.09

pattern collage

the main focus of my research into the big wide world of collecting is how collecting and, in particular, the objects in my personal collections, inform my artwork and design process. is the act of gathering, grouping and arranging an object for display in the home similar to the process of gathering, grouping and arranging pieces of paper and ephemeral for a collage and perhaps, the random placement of motifs, shape and colour printed onto cloth?
because collage is an important part of my design process, i am aiming to incorporate the act of collecting into a series of collages for my final body of work at the end of the year. to complement this, i will also be approaching my printing in a similar way. working with the idea of random placement and layering to create a collage of prints onto cloth.

below is a sample of different patterns and shapes layered together to create a "collage" composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment